Friday, June 27, 2014

Yukigami Still Kickin'



Yukigami has returned!!




Hello everyone!

Long time!


So I haven't blogged in some time, but it's just because some other things had to come first. With this post, I will fully (ish) update you on Yukigami developments and recent happenings. Following this post, I will write up 1-2 more tonight alone, just to comprise a little '"I'm back!" posting burst.


As I've said before, I'm aiming to become a programmer. I started by learning Python for about a month. After that, various incidental things came up in addition to a lot of social things, and I went without programming for around two weeks. After that, a lot of different things were getting to me and bogging me down, and I mean a lot of things. I went at least a month or more without doing any notable amount of programming, and I even became a bit disorganized and slack for a bit. But, I was able to let out my stress and things that had finally, finally piled up on the normally stoic-ish me, and finally look back on everything and put it all into perspective. I was able to gain a new resolve after letting the people around me know what's up and, with their help, spring back into high gear!


Essentially, I am programming now like I should be. I have a lot of reasons to push myself. I'm also fitting in some story writing, and setting close deadlines for myself for all my current undertakings. That includes exercise--I'm making a point of running at least once a day, or if it rains and stuff, trying to make up for it another way indoors.


In addition to Python, I've taken up HTML and CSS--I find them pretty intuitive and fun!
That said, maybe I'll be able to spice up this blog a whole lot more with such skills. I am of course planning to build my own websites and whatnot; my first project is going to be sort of an online Evernote with which to organize my life and serve as a convenient all-purpose homepage. It will also serve as a means of practicing style and design, and essentially everything else associated with web development, albeit at a novice level. What I most want to do with programming, at least in the near future, is build websites and create games and apps. I know I'll be interested in more than just that, but essentially I want to do the fun things that serve as a creative outlet for me.


As far as this blog, Nevermeltice goes, I have some organizing to do and no longer am I going to promise dates for anything. But I'm going to operationalize all of the sections, add to them, fill them up with content, and get all of my labels (tags) organized and set up in a systematic manner.


I put writing aside, but personal urges/needs and social happenings have led me to start fitting in some writing again. Before, I spoke of and posted about various stories-to-be--particularly Love Lilycove, my AU Pokemon fanfic (don't doubt it before you try it!), and kept saying that chapters were coming soon. Well, they didn't come soon. They didn't even come yet.

I did, however, begin the writing and I do have part of a chapter one. What's more, I just started getting back into it and am already up to about 20 pages, so you can definitely expect to see something soon (though the thing I was writing today is not an early chapter. It's something I felt like writing now, which will actually be posted later on--a side story chapter. Although its a side story, I must admit it's going to be hard for any regular chapters to live up to its standard. It's not that I don't have confidence in my regular story, but this "side story" will read like a movie of sorts. Or, you know, a really good, somewhat long episode. It's a special backstory chapter that focuses on the past of one of the characters and how he ended up the way he is (and in showing this, I also show more dimensions to his personality than would be otherwise clearly revealed).


I've been thinking of going to college for programming as a major path change. I'm not sure yet though, but I have some researching and calling to do (more, that is). I'm currently looking into Seneca@York. Do you have any suggestions?


I'm still teaching Go.


I recently started watching various cooking contest shows, such as Masterchef, Masterchef Canada, Hell's Kitchen etc. They're pretty funny and entertaining, and I learned some things from watching Masterchefs.
I also watched the anime No Game No Life--definitely pretty decent, I must say! Loved the Fate (Rin and Archer) reference in episode, what was it, 10? Said by Jibril. Speaking of Fate, I can't wait until the Ufotable take on Heaven's Feel comes out in October!!


Congrats to Caressa and Jino for getting married!!

Best of luck to mah man Johnny @ WakeGaNai in his new pursuits!!

Congrats to Allen, my good friend at Noble Zen Legacy for graduating!!









 Congrats to us for 2.5 years!!



~Yukigami

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment!