Friday, July 4, 2014

Altia Luna Denerian: D&D Character Splash! Character Update #2

Hello! Yukigami here!

I've been learning a little about Photoshop lately, so it was the perfect time for me to use it for something to complement my recent posts. I went ahead and made sort of a splash of concept arts for Altia, along with some of her character information (including her human race bonus, which I've built into her Charisma parameter since I chose to use it there).

Here's the result:




My friends and I each rolled for each of our own parameter numbers (with four D6's, discarding the lowest number), then took our six numbers and distributed each of them to a parameter of choice. I happened to roll pretty high (average score something like 14.18 out of 18, or threabouts!) even though I was the one opposed to this system as opposed to a fair "point-buy" system, so I simply flavoured these all-high parameters into my story (flavour and back-story are very important to me, and perhaps the most fun aspect of all this for me too).

For example, to justify her 13 STR, I say that she has some combination of: (possibly) receiving a blessing of strength from The Light, and an exercise regiment she follows in secret due to the frequency and danger of attacks and threats on her by pursuers and dark organizations. Furthermore, because her story entails her having built up hatred and evil inside (to the point of developing a hidden, dark alter ego),  a workout routine is pretty instrumental for her in alleviating such emotions and extra stress. Previous info for her regarding this and more can be found here and here (albeit with some outdated parts, especially in the older post).

As for her charisma (CHA), I actually plan to distribute more and more points into it for the sake of character flavour (she is a very enlightening social speaker kind of shining figure person, or at least pretends to be). Here and there I'll make some increases on her WIS too, since it's a very important stat for her character and especially for her skills.


Here are some of the choices I've made for her (thus, I have not included any other race/class abilities she may have, such as Healing Word and the like):

"At Will" Spells:
  • Sacred Flame
  • Lance of Faith
  • Astral Seal

"Encounter Prayers" (Encounter Spells):
  • Shield Bearer

"Daily Prayers" (Daily Spells)
  • Astral Condemnation

Trained Skills:
  • Religion (Class Skill)
  • Heal
  • Diplomacy
  • Insight
  • Bluff (via Background: Faker)

Feats:
  • Skill Focus: Bluff
  • Power of Life

OH! And I'm actally thinking Altea ("Awl-tay-uh") might be nicer! What do you think??



That's all for now!





~Yukigami

2 comments:

  1. Altea sounds pretty cool actually! Otherwise everything looks good~

    ReplyDelete

Please comment!