Tuesday, December 17, 2013

About commenting on the blog

Hello, Yukigami here!


First off, it seems that many people are confused about how to comment on this blog.
Fortunately, once I've actually posted completed chapters, I will register myself onto sites like fanfiction.net and DeviantArt.

Unfortunately, it seems people can't "follow" this blog if they aren't registered with Google.

Below is a blog comment sent to me via Facebook by someone I'll refer to as "JSC".
It addresses the ability to comment on this blog, and comments on the post: Story Synopsis.

Here it is:


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

  I don't use blogspot so I will comment about your synopsis. It turned out a little different than I expected. It's still a moody main protagonist, with issues from the past that won't leave him be. It's still a school setting, with uniforms, gossip, rules (which I thought is pretty interesting with having only one Pokemon per person) and hallways. It's still a romance and drama fanfic, but with added adventure and angst. For a game's case like Pokemon, it is a good AU setting, but it feels a little alienated with the Pokemon series. It doesn't really remind me of Emerald version, but it could very well take place during Pokemon Colosseum, which looks like a distant timeless future of Hoenn. One question. What Gen pokemon will your fanfic have? I know it takes place in Hoenn, but maybe we'll see a Gen 4 Pokemon like Shinx or a Gen 5 Pokemon like Deino. Hope this helps.




My response:


Thanks JSC. I didn't realize only blogspot members can "follow" this.

The Hoenn-ness will become apparent once I've gotten chances in the story to describe the outdoors, the buildings, the traditions etc. For example, the Pokemon contests.
 
The game will feature Pokemon from all 6 generations; Tyrell has a Tyrunt.
If a new generation comes out while my story is still active, I will do something with that as well.
 
I will do my best not to make it too alienated from the Pokemon series, but I would also like everyone to consider this as separate from Pokemon; rather than judge the story on its relevance to the Pokemon series, I would like everyone to judge it more as something standalone. 

There will be lots of competitions and rivalries and lots of battling at school and learning about Pokemon in class, but a lot of it will indeed be romantic. But there are also lots of things like major battles with the evil syndicate who will unveil themselves after some time.

 
I appreciate your comments!

-Yukigami


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


HOW TO COMMENT:

**Scroll to the bottom of any post, or select which post to go to using the "Frozen Calendar" on the right and then scroll to the bottom of that post.

**Click the 'comment' button.

**Use the dropdown menu to select the domain with which you are associated, such as Google. If you aren't registered with one or don't wish to log into anything, select Anonymous.

**As an Anonymous user, anyone can post a comment! Furthermore, at the moment I have not set the comment settings to a "moderate before publishing" mode. Post away!

**Lastly, if you select "Anonymous" but wish to be identified, simple sign off with your name or nickname. If you prefer to remain Anonymous, but still wish to be remembered so that I can recognize you as a contributor, simply nickname yourself whatever you like and I will refer to you as such :)



HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!





~Yukigami

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment!