Thursday, January 23, 2014

My Go: Jan.23 2014

Hey~
Yukigami here~


I would just like to hereby report some of my progress. I've been playing a little more online, now, after having not played much at all in some time. But online at least, it would seem that I am in top shape. I don't know if that will translate to real life too well or not, but here are some screen caps revealing the current state of my online Go playing.

KGS is nothing special. The only somewhat new thing is that, unlike in the past, having '5d' rank is not really anything to mention. Whereas before I was a strong 4d, but sometimes a weak 5d, now I am generally 5d and only occasionally 4d, and unlike before it seems I can win against other 5d close to half the time. Getting back to 5d whenever I've fallen has proven easy lately. Before, whenever I'd attained a rank of 5d, I would get cautious and tend to play 4d more a lot more than 5d, but it's not like that now.

Furthermore, while some aspects of Go may have deteriorated a little over the last 2-3 years, my reading, fighting, and overall board vision has improved drstically - and it seems like it's taken another step up. That said though, it still doesn't seem like my level is another drastically different now. But we'll see! I'm certainly on a roll!

Here you go!



In case the Tygem screen cap is hard to see and you just don't feel like clicking on it to enlarge,
there are 10 straight wins on the end,
29 total wins and 8 total losses,
13 wins and 2 losses as 6d so far,
+2 games to get 7d, -13 to drop a rank. 





 KGS stats for 'gilgil':



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment!