Saturday, January 25, 2014

Tygem: January 25

Hello~

Here is another little update about my Go~


I've been pretty hooked on Tygem - my game quality may have suffered as a result. But no excuses! So here is the report.

I easily got to 7d, with my last 12 games at 6d being a string of 10 straight wins, followed by a loss and then a win to get me the rank up.

Since reachng 7d, it's been much harder. I seem to be an average 7d at the moment; While my first 8 games as 7d resulted in a decent record of 5-3, the reciprocal of that was added on unfortunately and I am now 8-8 at 7d (But still with an all-time win record of around 67-70%, which I hope to maintain...

Unfortunately, winning half your games is not enough to keep your rating on Tygem. This is a good chance for me now to lay off the Tygem for a bit, focus on school (which I really, really need to focus on, particularly at this crucial time), and then when I have time, review all my 7d games and do some Go problems. If I increase the speed and coherence of my reading and improve my overall sharpness a bit, I should be able to start winning more than half. I suppose the current big goal is to consistently win enough to keep myself at 7d, progressing toward 8d powaaa!!


Lately it seems like I have at least one Go student at all times, so that's good. The extra pocket change is pretty useful to me, to be honest. I enjoy teaching a lot. I hope I also get more English tutoring gigs.





Bye for now~


~Yukigami


P. S. New banner!! Thanks Johnny~!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment!